Monday, March 30, 2009

Young Love

I wasn't particularly doing anything just now. However, something caught my eyes as i scrolled down my instant messenger's contacts. I was surprised to see some of my friends putting up the pictures of their the other half on their display picture.

Certainly, time has passed. 

And love is not a subject where me and my friends would blush or hush at anymore. In fact, we're so open about it that it covered both love and lust.

I used to think that love is just like a game. It depends on how well you play in it. If you lose, get out of the ring and cry or suck on a lollipop or whatever. Definitely not a playground for the fainthearted. You gotta be tough and resilient to be able to maintain and play the game well, if you want to taste the sweet victory.

However, i guess i have a harsh take on love a few years back.

Because, i realised that just like in a game, how well it is carried out isn't solely depends on you alone. It also depends on the one you play with which in this case will be your Tom, Dick or Harry. You need an honest and reliable partner to play with. Someone who won't cheat and able to keep you interested for a heck of a long time in the game.

Of course, i'm not encouraging all of you to go out and play around. Ugh. Well, i hope everyone will be able to find that right person to be with. 

Yet, who am i to philosophise such stuff?

After all, love is too profound even for me.


By Hedi Slimane


"Tonight maybe we're gonna run.
 Dreaming of the Osaka sun.
 Oh~ Oh~
 Dreaming of when the morning comes."

 Coldplay, Lovers In Japan (Osaka Sun Mix)

No comments: